The bursting strength of fabric and other related products is an important property that must be tested thoroughly. It is the measure of the maximum force needed to rupture a material. Bursting strength is essential for determining the ability of material against bursting forces.
Paper and cardboard products must be able to withstand the force exerted on them during use, such as when it is folded, bent, compressed, or handled. Testing the bursting strength of these products can help identify potential issues before they become problems and costly mistakes. To ensure that your materials can withstand the bursting forces, we at Presto have designed one of the high-quality lab testing instruments known as a bursting strength tester. We offer different models of bursting strength testers and one of the widely used is the bursting tester digital model.
This is one of the high-quality laboratory testing equipment that has been designed to test the strength of materials against bursting forces. However, in order to get accurate results from a bursting strength tester, there are certain tips and techniques you should follow. In this blog, we’ll be discussing how to ensure you get the most accurate results when using a bursting strength tester. But before that, let’s focus on the factors that may influence the accuracy of bursting strength results.
Factors influencing the accuracy of bursting strength test results
The bursting strength machine is an important testing instrument for the paper & packaging industry, as it is used to evaluate the integrity and durability of the material used in corrugated boxes. The Presto bursting strength tester works by applying hydraulic pressure onto a circular area of the sample of the corrugated board under test, with a digital indicator measuring the force needed to burst the board.
This pressure can range from 0 to 40 kg/square cm. Since burst strength testing provides a measure of the maximum stress a package can withstand, it is a great tool to ensure that the packages used in shipping and storing products are of the highest quality, as they need to be able to withstand any bumps and bruises they may encounter during transportation.
By testing the strength of the corrugated boxes, manufacturers can make sure the boxes are strong enough to protect their products from damage and meet the expectations of their customers.
But there are certain factors that may affect the accuracy of the testing results. Below we have mentioned them:
- Inaccurate placement of the sample is one of the most important factors influencing testing results when it comes to a bursting strength tester. If the sample is placed incorrectly on the machine platen, then the results will be inaccurate due to incorrect pressure distribution over the surface of the sample. Thus, it is important for the manufacturers to place the specimen accurately to get highly accurate lab testing results.
- Glycerin leakage is an important factor that can influence the results of the bursting strength test procedure of the materials. The leakage may be caused due to the loosening of the lower jaw, the diaphragm displaced or busted. Thus, it is important for manufacturers to test the glycerin leakage to avoid inaccuracy of testing results.
- Obstructions at the testing area are another important factor that can influence the results of testing the bursting strength of the materials. This can cause the pressure to be uneven and the results of the test will not be accurate. It is important to make sure that there are no obstructions that could affect the accuracy of the test in any way.
These are some of the factors that may affect the bursting strength of the materials. Keep these factors in mind when conducting your next bursting strength test and you’ll be sure to get the most accurate results possible. Presto ASTM D 3786 Burst Strength Tester for paper and fiberboard material provides accuracy in testing results in every time. Now, let us discuss more Presto bursting strength tester machine.
All about Presto bursting strength tester
The bursting strength of a material is an important factor to consider when assessing the quality and characteristics of a product. This is because different types of materials may require different levels of burst resistance in order to perform as intended. Thus, to test the bursting strength of the materials, one can easily make the use of right quality lab testing instrument.
Presto carton bursting strength tester is one of the high-quality laboratory testing equipment that is used to test the bursting strength of paper/paperboard. It’s packed with features that make everyday life easier and more productive. It’s the perfect device for manufacturers in the packaging industry, to easily determine the bursting strength of corrugated boxes, cardboard boxes, and other related products.
You can easily perform accurate bursting strength tests on paperboard with the help of this quality testing instrument. Now, let us discuss the features of the Presto bursting strength tester digital model.
Features of Presto bursting strength tester digital
- This testing instrument is very easy to operate
- It indicates digital readings
- It provides consistent, repeatable, and reliable data
- It has a TARE facility
- The lab equipment has a Digital LED display
- It has a peak hold facility for maintaining the highest value in the memory
- It has a Calibration facility is available
- The laboratory instrument also has feather touch controls
- Single Push-Button Operation
- Microprocessor-based display for accurate test results
- Memory to hold up to 9 test reading
- Highly accurate test results under multidirectional Force
- Strong Gripping clamps
- Grooved structure of Test Specimen Holder to avoid slippage and intact holding of the specimen under test
- No slippage in case the specimen is tightened uniformly using the operating wheel
- It has been made with standards like ASTM 3786 and ISO 2758/ 3303/ 3689
These are some of the advanced features, one can get with the help of the Presto digital bursting strength tester. Now, let us discuss the technical specifications of this quality testing instrument.
Technical specifications of Presto bursting strength tester
- Equipment Bursting Capacity: 40 Kg/cm²
- Least Count: 0.1 Kg/cm2
- Repeatability: ± 1 % within 10% to 9% of the extra range as per IS:1828
- Opening in upper clamp: 31.5 mm diameter
- Opening in lower clamp: 30.5 mm diameter
- Rate of fluid displacement: 95 cc/min. (± 5 cc/min)
- Test fluid: Glycerin about 98% purified (LAB GRADE)
- Glycerin Capacity: 200 ml.
- Geared Motor: 1/4HP, Single Phase, 120 RPM
- Pressure Sensor: Pressure Transducer Sensor, output – 4 -20 mA, Range – 40 Bar)
- Power Supply: 220 Volt AC, 50Hz, Single Phase
- Earthing Required: Proper Earthing is required with respect to neutral and earth voltage with a value not more than 0-4 Volts AC.
With these high-end features and technical specifications, one can easily test the bursting strength of the materials accurately. Now, let us discuss some essential tips to get accuracy in test results.
Tips to get accuracy in testing results
To get accurate testing results of bursting strength tester for carton box, it is important to pay attention to the details in the testing process.
- Firstly, it is important to ensure that the sample is correctly and evenly placed on the platen so that uniform pressure can be applied to the sample.
- Additionally, it is also important to make sure that the sample does not move during the test as this can affect the accuracy of the results.
- Furthermore, it is essential to take into consideration potential factors that may affect the accuracy of the test such as temperature, humidity, and any obstructions present at the testing area.
By being aware of these factors and taking the necessary steps to ensure accuracy, testers can achieve the most accurate testing results when it comes to bursting strength. You can get a sample testing session for the use of this quality testing instrument by giving us a call at +91-9210903903 or emailing us at [email protected] to know more about bursting strength tester price. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.