Dr. Pratik Patil is one of the best doctor for Lung Cancer Treatment in Pune due to several reasons. First and foremost, he possesses extensive knowledge and expertise in the field of oncology, especially in lung cancer treatment. He has completed his DM Medical Oncology from New Delhi and also is a Fellow of Thoracic Oncology from Michigan state Cancer University, USA, and has over a with experience of more than 10 years in treating various types of cancer.
Furthermore, Dr. Pratik Patil is known for his patient-centric approach, where he takes the time to understand the patient’s medical history, lifestyle, and other factors that could affect the treatment outcome. He ensures that his patients receive personalised treatment plans that are tailored to their unique needs.
Dr. Pratik Patil is also adept at using the latest technologies and treatments in his practice, including targeted therapy, immunotherapy, and chemotherapy, among others. He constantly updates his knowledge and skills by attending seminars and workshops to stay abreast of the latest developments in oncology.
Above all, Dr. Pratik Patil is known for his compassionate and caring nature, where he provides emotional support and guidance to his patients and their families throughout the treatment process. His dedication to his patients’ well-being and his commitment to providing the best possible care make him the best doctor for Lung Cancer Treatment in Pune.
Lung cancer is a type of cancer that begins in the lungs when cells in the lung tissue begin to grow abnormally and uncontrollably. These abnormal cells can form tumours and invade nearby tissues, causing damage and interfering with normal lung function. There are two main types of lung cancer: small-cell lung cancer and non-small-cell lung cancer. Smoking is the leading cause of lung cancer, but exposure to other factors such as radon, asbestos and air pollution can increase the risk of developing the disease.
Lung Cancer Causes:
Lung cancer is one of the leading causes of cancer-related deaths worldwide. There are many causes of lung cancer, including:
- Smoking: Cigarette smoking is the most common cause of lung cancer. The risk of developing lung cancer increases with the number of cigarettes smoked and the duration of smoking.
- Exposure to second hand smoke: Exposure to secondhand smoke increases the risk of lung cancer, especially in nonsmokers.
- Environmental factors: Exposure to radon gas, asbestos and other harmful chemicals such as arsenic, chromium, and nickel can also increase the risk of developing lung cancer.
- Genetics: Some people may be genetically predisposed to developing lung cancer, especially those with a family history of the disease.
- Air pollution: Exposure to high levels of air pollution, especially in industrial areas, can also increase the risk of lung cancer.
- Age: The risk of developing lung cancer increases with age, with most cases occurring in people over the age of 65.
It is important to note that not everyone who is exposed to these risk factors will develop lung cancer. However, reducing exposure to these factors can help reduce the risk of developing the disease.
Lung Cancer Symptoms:
Lung cancer may not show noticeable symptoms in its early stages. However, as the cancer progresses, the following symptoms may appear:
If you experience any of these symptoms or have a history of smoking or exposure to lung cancer risk factors, it’s essential to get screened for lung cancer. Consult with an experienced oncologist like Dr. Pratik Patil for a proper diagnosis and personalised treatment plan.
Lung Cancer Risk Factors:
As a renowned oncologist, Dr. Pratik Patil is well versed in the risk factors associated with lung cancer. Some of the major risk factors for lung cancer include:
- Smoking or exposure to tobacco smoke – is the most important risk factor for lung cancer. Smokers have a higher risk of developing lung cancer than non-smokers.
- Radon Gas Exposure – Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that can build up in homes and other buildings. Long-term exposure to high levels of radon gas can increase the risk of lung cancer
- Exposure to asbestos – People exposed to asbestos fibres have a higher risk of developing lung cancer, especially if they smoke.
- Family history of lung cancer – People with a family history of lung cancer are more likely to develop the disease themselves.
- Previous radiation therapy – People who have had radiation therapy for other cancers in the chest area have a slightly higher risk of developing lung cancer.
- Air Pollution – Exposure to high levels of air pollution, especially in urban areas, has been linked to an increased risk of lung cancer.
It is important to note that these risk factors can increase the chance of developing lung cancer, but not all cases of lung cancer can be linked to these factors. If you are concerned about your risk of developing lung cancer, talk to your doctor or Talk to Dr. Pratik Patil‘s oncologist.
Lung Cancer Diagnosis:
Lung cancer is diagnosed through a combination of tests, including imaging studies (such as chest X-rays or CT scans), biopsies, and blood tests. If the imaging test shows a suspicious lesion, the doctor may recommend a biopsy, which involves taking a small sample of lung tissue and examining it under a microscope to look for cancer cells.
In addition to a biopsy, doctors may also perform blood tests to check for tumour markers or genetic mutations associated with lung cancer. These tests can help guide treatment decisions and can also be used to monitor the effectiveness of treatment.
Once lung cancer is diagnosed, the doctor will determine the stage of the cancer. The stage indicates how advanced the cancer is and whether it has spread to other parts of the body. Staging is an important part of determining the best course of treatment for a patient.
It is important to note that lung cancer is a serious condition that requires immediate and comprehensive medical attention. If you or a loved one is experiencing symptoms related to lung cancer, it’s important to see a doctor right away.
Lung Cancer Treatments:
According to Dr. Pratik Patil, here are some common treatments for lung cancer recommended by healthcare professionals:
- Surgery: Surgery is the most common treatment option for lung cancer. Depending on the type and stage of the cancer, the surgeon may remove a small part of the lung or the entire lung. This procedure is called lobectomy or pneumonectomy.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a treatment that uses drugs to kill cancer cells. These drugs are usually given intravenously, but they can also be taken orally. Chemotherapy is used in combination with other treatments such as surgery and radiation therapy.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy uses high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells. These treatments are usually given from an external machine, but sometimes the radiation source can be placed inside the body. Radiation therapy can be used alone or in combination with other treatments.
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy: A treatment that delivers very intense doses of radiation to cancer cells.
- Targeted therapy: Targeted therapy is a type of cancer treatment that targets specific genes or proteins in cancer cells. These drugs are usually used for non-small cell lung cancer that has spread or returned after chemotherapy treatment.
- Photo-dynamic therapy: Uses a combination of photosensitizing drugs and very bright light to kill cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is a type of cancer treatment that helps the body’s immune system fight cancer cells. This treatment is usually used for non-small cell lung cancer that has spread or returned after chemotherapy treatment.
- Palliative care: Also known as supportive care, including oxygen therapy, pain relief, and other help, can be helpful in managing cancer symptoms as well as the side effects of treatment.
It is important to note that the type and stage of lung cancer, as well as the patient’s overall health and medical history, will determine the most appropriate treatment plan. It is best to consult a healthcare professional for personalised treatment recommendations
How much does Lung Cancer treatment cost in Pune?
Dr. Pratik Patil is an Internationally recognized Best Oncologist in Pune with experience of more than 10 years. Lung Cancer treatment in Pune is a very affordable and low-cost procedure that takes very little time to operate and does not require a long doctor’s stay. Lung Cancer Treatment cost in Pune is between Rs.355200 to Rs.473600. The patient has to stay in the hospital for 5 days and outside the hospital for 20 days. The total cost of the treatment depends on the diagnosis and facilities opted for by the patient.
Why Choose Dr. Pratik Patil for Lung Cancer Treatment in Pune?
Dr. Pratik Patil is a renowned oncologist from Pune who specialises in the treatment of lung cancer. Here are some reasons why he should be your doctor for lung cancer treatment in Pune:
- Experience: Pratik Patil has more than 10 years of experience in treating lung cancer patients. He has treated patients with various types and stages of lung cancer and his experience ensures that he can provide you with the best treatment options.
- Expert: Pratik Patil has special training in treating lung cancer. He is aware of the latest treatment options and is equipped to provide personalised treatment plans to his patients.
- Sympathy: Pratik Patil is known for his compassionate and patient-centric approach. He takes the time to understand his patients’ concerns, answer all their questions and provide emotional support throughout the treatment process.
- State-of-the-art facilities: Pratik Patil’s clinic is equipped with the latest technology and equipment, enabling him to provide the best possible treatment to his patients.
- Collaborative Approach: Pratik Patil works closely with other specialists such as radiologists, pathologists and pulmonologists to provide a comprehensive treatment plan to his patients.
- Positive Results: Pratik Patil has a high success rate in treating lung cancer patients. His patients have seen significant improvements in their quality of life and successfully managed their conditions under his care.
Dr. Pratik Patil’s experience, expertise, compassion, state-of-the-art facilities, collaborative approach and positive results make him a great choice for lung cancer treatment in Pune.
Looking for Chemotherapy in Pune?
Dr. Pratik Patil is the best Medical Oncologist in Pune with experience of more than 10 years.He has special interests in chemotherapy treatment. For more information about cancer and treatment options, or to book an appointment with the best Cancer Specialist in pune call +91 9637439163 or Click on Book Appointment for online booking.