Twitch is an online streaming platform that allows gamers to broadcast their gameplay sessions to the world. Once you’re set up and broadcasting, you’ll need viewers in order to make money from your content. Thankfully, there are lots of people who enjoy watching gaming streams. You just need to know how to reach those viewers and grow your Twitch followers along the way. Following friends on Twitch is a great way to discover new streams or channels you might enjoy watching as well. However, if you want more viewers for your own stream, there are many things you can do beyond simply following more users. Read on for information on why it’s important to grow your Twitch following, tips on how to get Twitch followers, and specific strategies that will help you attract more followers.
What is Twitch?
Twitch is an online service that lets you broadcast your gameplay to the world. You can create your own channel and stream video of your games and other activities, such as your creative endeavours. Twitch also features channels that let anyone create and share their own broadcasts. Twitch is most commonly used for streaming video gaming, but it can also be used for other activities, such as music or art.
Why Grow Your Twitch Following?
Twitch is a great way to interact with other fans and get exposure for your stream. However, it’s also important to grow your Twitch following in order to increase your Twitch revenue and increase your chances of becoming an affiliate. Simply following more people won’t automatically get you more followers. The more followers you have, the more money you’ll make from advertisements. This applies to both your views and your viewers who click on Twitch ads. The more viewers you have, the more money you’ll make from advertisements.
Different Strategies for Growing Twitch Followers
- Boosting Your Twitch Following - Boosting is the method of guiding new followers to your channel. This type of boosting isn’t done by simply liking and following other accounts. Instead, you create a boosted channel that links to your own. You can use boosting to target specific audiences, such as fellow gamers who have been mentioned by other Twitch streamers. You can also boost channels that are related or popular among your existing followers.
- Community Management - Twitch is a social activity, and it’s important to build relationships with your viewers. You can start this process by responding to comments on your stream and sticking around long enough to engage with your viewers. Always make sure to be respectful, friendly, and helpful. This will help you to build a positive rapport with your audience and boost your social value as a streamer.
- Established channels also have the opportunity to engage with their existing fans. This can be done through Q&A sessions, game giveaways, or other activities. For example, popular streamer Destiny Williams regularly holds Q&A sessions with her viewers. She also regularly plays games with viewers, such as Fortnite.
- Sponsor Content - Many Twitch streamers use sponsored content to generate revenue. Sponsored content is when a brand pays you to mention their products or promote their services on your stream. The more you promote, the more you make.
- Joining Ad Networks - Similar to sponsored content, affiliate marketing is a method of using third-party channels to boost traffic to your own channel. You can earn money from these ads, which means that you don’t have to rely on advertisements from Twitch to monetize your channel.
How to Get People to Watch Your Stream
Now that you know what to do, the hard part will be getting viewers to your stream. There are many ways to do this, including simply appealing to your existing fans, targeting specific audiences, and connecting with other streamers.
- Appeal to Your Existing Fans - If you have a dedicated following, it’s important to keep in mind that your fans will be interested in your content. If you’re not currently streaming, you can still promote your own streams on Twitter and Facebook.
- Target Specific Audiences - If you want to reach a specific audience, you’ll need to pinpoint the type of person you want to target. That could include other gamers or people who watch particular types of content, such as sports or cosplay streams.
- Connect with Other Streamers - Another important way to get viewers is to connect with other streamers. Doing this will let your viewers know that you know Twitch, which increases your chances of being found.
- Use Promo Codes - Promo codes are a great way to boost your followers. When you create a promo code for your Twitch channel, it will be easier for viewers to find your stream and subscribe to your channel.
How to Attract New Twitch Viewers
Now that you have a better idea of what to do, it’s time to actually get started. Follow your followers on Twitch and try to engage with their content as much as possible. Try to incorporate your followers’ content into your own Twitch streams as much as possible. This will help you grow your Twitch following and can also be a fun way to get some new content ideas while interacting with your community. Try to schedule your streams around the most popular time slots on Twitch. This will help you reach the largest number of viewers possible. You can also submit your streams to Twitch’s directory for popular content. This can help you reach new viewers who might be searching for gaming content.
It’s important to remember that Twitch is a social platform, so it’s important to build relationships with your viewers. You can start by responding to comments on your stream, sticking around long enough to engage with your viewers, and making sure to be respectful, friendly, and helpful. This will help boost your social value as a streamer, which translates to more revenue from advertisements. Another important step is establishing yourself as an influencer on Twitch. This can be done by boosting your existing followers, engaging with your community, and connecting with other streamers. Established channels can also use sponsored content, affiliate marketing, and product placements to generate revenue from your content.